Thursday, March 19, 2015

Covered in Stickers!

Today I completed my second official training run. I am following Jeff Galloway's training that is posted on the Run Disney website. I am starting with the 1/2 marathon training and then I will transition straight into the Glass Slipper Challenge training which is a 10k followed by a 1/2 marathon the next day. The way I have it planned I will finish training around Christmas time with 2 months to spare and work on my times. For today's run I was supposed to get in 30 minutes. Distance wasn't the priority. Right now I am playing with my run/walk times to figure out what is most comfortable. Jeff Galloway advocates taking walk breaks and when starting out you run 20 seconds/walk 40 seconds and slowly increase. He wants you to finish any race strong without huffing and puffing. I finished my first mile in 14 minutes and my second in 13 minutes and 50 seconds. As long as I am under 16 (15 ideally) then I am happy. If you don't maintain a 16 minute pace you will get "swept" from the race. Saturday is my "long run" but it's only 2 miles this week.



I tend to get shin splints when I do any kind of running or jumping. I need to look into good shoes, but for now I have decided to give KT tape a whirl. After reading about it on several blogs it sounded too good to be true. I refuse to give up because of pain! :) I am not a quitter. So far it feels like a little hug around my legs. I can't tell if it is doing any good but I will let you know. I took a nice hot bath in epsom salts and am feeling better already.


My college roommate Kasey and her husband are promoters for Thrive products. She asked me to try them so I thought I would see what the hype is all about. I have vitamins to take in the morning followed by a meal replacement shake. I also have a patch to wear each day. These products are supposed to have great health benefits including increased energy, increased metabolism, suppressed appetite, decreased pain and more. I will keep you updated on my progress. Goodness knows I need energy these days with school, work, and Jamberry! Here's the link to her website if you are interested in more information: http://fbthrive40.le-vel.com


Currently thinking/feeling

1. Sore!
2. Proud of myself for keeping this up...only if it has been 2 days.
3. Relieved that there is already a training plan set out. I am more apt to follow through when all of the steps are laid out for me.
4. Proud of Josh for starting to run as well! He's a gym rat but isn't a runner. I told him he will finish with me even if I have to drag him across the finish line!
5. Excited! Still!! 
6. Obsessed with looking up all things #rundisney these days!
7. Unmotivated to do homework over Spring Break.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete